Friday, March 24, 2017 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Liquor Control Commission Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building – 5th Floor
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the January 27, 2017 meeting.*
3. Review and approval of expense reports for January and February 2017.*
4. Presentation by Southwest Power Pool officials updating the Power Review Board on recent SPP activities.
5. Consider renewal of State Contract 69810 O4 with JK Energy Consulting LLC to serve as the Board’s consultant for Southwest Power Pool issues, including serving as Nebraska’s voting representative on the Regional State Committee’s Cost Allocation Working Group. The contract term would be from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.*
6. Consider approval of Norris Public Power District’s charter amendment 19. The amendment would merge the Seward County Public Power District into the Norris PPD.*
7. Consider Petition for Termination of the Seward County Public Power District charter. This action will terminate the existence of the Seward County PPD.*
8. Consider PRB-3849. This is an application filed by the Lincoln Electric System for authority to construct 8 miles of 115 kilovolt transmission line south of the City of Lincoln in Lancaster County.*
9. Consider creation of S.A.A. 419. This is an application filed jointly by the Southern Public Power District and the Twin Valleys Public Power District requesting the Board merge the existing S.A.A.’s 256 and 301 into one new agreement. Both S.A.A. 256 and S.A.A. 301 currently set out different parts of the service area boundary between the utilities.*
10. Consider SAA 253-17-A. This is a joint service area agreement amendment filed by the City of South Sioux City and the Nebraska Public Power District. The amendment would transfer two tracts of recently annexed territory south of South Sioux City from NPPD to South Sioux City.*
11. Executive Director’s report.
a. Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
b. Update on bills pending before the Nebraska Legislature that may affect the Board. The Board may consider taking a position on bills or amendments.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.