Friday, August 8, 2014 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Liquor Control Commission Hearing Room
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the July 11, 2014 meeting.*
3. Review and approval of expense report for July 2014.*
4. Presentation of the 2014 Annual Load and Capability Report prepared by the Nebraska Power Association’s joint planning subcommittee.*
5. Consider PRB-3771. This is an application filed by the Loup River Public Power District requesting authorization to construct approximately 3.4 miles of 34.5 kilovolt transmission line that connects the Leigh and Creston substations in Platte County. The construction will involve upgrading the line by adding a shield wire and using T2 conductor.*
6. Consider SAA 310-14-B and SAA 57-14-B (consolidated). This is a joint application filed by the Nebraska Public Power District and the Dawson Public Power District, with the agreement of the City of Kearney, to amend retail service area agreements 310 and 57. The amendment would transfer the service area rights to a tract of territory on the northwest edge of Kearney from Dawson PPD’s service area to NPPD’s service area.*
7. Consider whether to renew the contract with JK Energy Consulting LLC to serve as the Board’s consultant for assistance with issues before the Southwest Power Pool, including designation as the Board’s voting member on the Regional State Committee’s Cost Allocation Working Group. The term of the contract would be January 1 through December 31, 2015.*
8. Consider renewal of contract NPRB 2012-B-SAA. This is an annual contract with GIS Workshop, Inc. to provide services necessary to maintain and update digital versions of the Board’s retail service area agreement maps. The new contract would be for fifteen months.*
9. Consider whether the Board will reimburse the executive director/general counsel for the costs associated with attending the 2014 Nebraska Wind and Solar Conference in LaVista, Nebraska.*
10. Executive Director’s report.
a. Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
b. Progress report on the Request for Proposals for LB 1115 Renewable Energy Export Study.
11. Board’s preparation of the executive director’s annual performance evaluation.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.